IFA 2017 | ASUS ROG launches new Strix entry-level gaming laptops
The ASUS ROG Chimera is a beast of a notebook, but not everyone wants or can afford a powerhouse device. For gamers who are on a budget or don't need their visuals cranked to maximum detail, ASUS has unveiled a couple of new and affordable Strix laptops.
- Intel Core i5-7300HQ / Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor
- 16 GB / 32 GB of DDR4-2400 memory
- Up to 2 TB HDD or 512 GB SSD storage
- 3x USB 3.0 / 1x USB 3.1 Type-C ports
- 1x HDMI / 1x mini DisplayPort interfaces
- Headphone in / Microphone out combo jack
- 802.11ac wireless adapter
- Windows 10 Pro
Both Strix models feature Full HD, LED-backlit displays. The full-sized keyboard is also backlit. In addition to the USB 3.0 ports mentioned above, a single USB 2.0 port is also included. As with most modern laptops, there is an SD card reader included in one of the Strix's sides.
On to prices. The base version of the 15-inch GL503 starts at US$1,100, while the 17-inch GL703 costs $50 more. Of course, if you opt for a higher-end configuration that price will increase.
According to Tom's Hardware, the new laptops will be available for purchase from various online retailers, such as Amazon and Newegg, starting September 6.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros