Xiaomi launches the Redmi 3 smartphone
Xiaomi Redmi 3 has been in the rumor mill for months and now it has finally been unveiled. Although it is different from the full metal Redmi Note 3, this handset offers a lot for its price, especially in terms of looks. Before anything else, the Redmi 3 has an all-metal design and a very generous power pack.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 sports the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 SoC with Adreno 405 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 5-inch multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP with f/2.0 and phase detection autofocus on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual SIM dual standby, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, micro USB
- Operating system: Android-based MIUI 7
- Battery: 4100 mAh (nonremovable)
- Colors: gold, silver, gray
For now, this handset is only available in China, for roughly $107 USD. Since Xiaomi has decided to take the US market seriously, we should see the Redmi 3 reaching it later this year as well. We will get back to it as soon as that happens.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros