Coolpad launches 5.5-inch Modena smartphone for 170 Euros in European territories
Coolpad only recently celebrated a smartphone launch in European territories late last year and will be celebrating yet again before the end of this month for its second launch. The Chinese manufacturer faces fierce competition in its home territory where Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Lenovo, Xiaomi, and ZTE take a majority stake. The company may have a better chance competing directly with the big guys outside of its homeland and into more European regions.
Coolpad is known for offering middle-class smartphones with high build quality at aggressive prices. The 5.5-inch Modena (E501) smartphone will officially start selling and shipping to Europe for just 170 Euros. Exclusive launch parties in Munich, Germany and Switzerland will take place on January 28th in celebration of the event.
Specifications according to manufacturer:
- OS: Google Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916, Quad-core, 1.2 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB ROM, 1 GB RAM, microSD up to 32 GB
- Display: 5.5-inch, IPS, 960 x 540 Pixel
- Communication: 4G LTE FDD Band 20 (800), 8 (900), 3 (1800), 7 (2600), Downlink 150 Mbps (LTE Cat.4), Uplink 50 Mps (LTE Cat. 4), 3G WCDMA: 900/2100, Downlink 42 Mbps, Uplink 11Mps (DC-HSPA+), 2G GSM: 900/1800/1900
- SIM: Dual micro-SIM, Dual Standby
- Camera: Rear 8 MP f/2.2 28 mm wide, Front 2 MP f/2.4
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 + LE, WLAN 802.11 g/n, aGPS + Glonass, 3.5 mm stereo, micro-USB-2.0, Wi-Fi Hotspot, FM Radio
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, accelerometer
- Battery: 2500 mAh, up to 10 hour 2G talk time, 8 hour on 3G. Standby up to 330 hours 2G, 270 hour on 3G
- Dimensions: 153 x 77.5 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 158 g