MWC 2016 | Obi Worldphone launches MV 1 smartphone
Former Apple CEO John Sculley is the man behind Obi Worldphone, a young company that launched its first two handsets last year. While their first two devices cover the both ends of the market, the new MV 1 is a mid-ranger with rather low-end specs, but a premium, unique design, as well as a few features that make it stand out of the crowd.
The new handset has just been unveiled at MWC in Barcelona and packs the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 SoC with Adreno 304 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB or 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage, microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 5-inch In-Cell multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels and 294 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and anti-fingerprint oleophobic coating
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-SIM, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n dual band, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Cyanogen OS 12.1.1 (based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop)
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.33 pounds; 5.73X2.86X0.35 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 2500 mAh lithium-polymer
Although priced low, the MV 1 also features DTS Sounds with dual microphone for noise cancellation. The 1 GB RAM storage variant has a price of $139 USD while the 2 GB RAM MV 1 will retail for just $149 USD. According to the official press release, "The Obi Worldphone MV1 will be available immediately in Asia and Africa and is coming to Latin America and Europe in March 2016."
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros