Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite starts receiving MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition globally
Xiaomi has started upgrading the Mi 10T Lite to MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition globally. As always, Xiaomi promises to bring 'swift performance', 'focused algorithms', 'atomized memory' and 'liquid storage' to the Mi 10T Lite, which arrived just over a year ago.
V126.96.36.199.RJSMIXM for the Mi 10T Lite contains Android 11, rather than the newer Android 12. Xiaomi launched with Android 10, so Android 12 will probably be the device's final Android version upgrade. V188.8.131.52.RJSMIXM also bundles the October 2021 security patch and numerous fixes for the lock screen, status bar and the notification shade. We included the changelog below, for reference.
Xiaomi has issued V184.108.40.206.RJSMIXM to some devices as a Stable Beta update. Typically, the company does this before a broader rollout, pending any missed bugs from earlier tests. However, you can grab the recovery or OTA zip via the links below, should you wish to upgrade your device now.
Please note that you should only install V220.127.116.11.RJSMIXM on devices that Xiaomi has enrolled on MIUI's global branch, unless you know what you are doing. A global device will have 'MIXM' in its build number, which you can check in 'About Phone' in the settings menu.
MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition
- Swift performance. More life between the charges.
- Focused algorithms: Our new algorithms will dynamically allocate system resources based on specific scenes, ensuring smooth experience on all models.
- Atomized memory: Ultra-fine memory management mechanism will make RAM usage more efficient.
- Liquid storage: New sensitive storage mechanisms will keep your system vibrant and responsive as time goes by.
- Updated Android Security Patch to October 2021. Increased system security.
- New: New fingerprint options
- Optimization: App vault memory usage when device is locked
- Fix: Screen flashed after locking when Super wallpapers were used
- Fix: Wallpapers flashed when Fingerprint unlock was used in some cases
- Fix: Display abnormalities occurred when Fingerprint unlock was used with games
- Fix: Issues with the fingerprint animation in several scenes
- Fix: Fingerprint and Face unlock were turned off after a SIM card was installed
- Fix: The screen flashed when Fingerprint unlock was used with Super wallpapers in some cases
- Fix: "Raise to wake" turned off unexpectedly in some cases
- Fix: Lock screen notifications didn't disappear on time when Fingerprint or Face unlock was used in some cases
- Fix: Screen flashed when Fingerprint unlock was used in some cases
- Fix: No items except for the status bar were shown on the screen after using Fingerprint unlock
- Fix: Issues with the Lock screen clock when third party themes and super wallpapers were used
- Fix: Memory usage issues when charging animation was displayed
- Fix: Using Face unlock and Fingerprint unlock simultaneously led to crashes in some cases
- Fix: Lock screen notifications disappeared after an ended call
- Fix: Lock screen items weren't displayed when super wallpapers and themes were combined
- Fix: A flashing black line appeared when Fingerprint unlock was used
Status bar, Notification shade
- Optimization: Algorithms for displaying incoming call notifications
- Optimization: Third party theme compatibility for Notification shade
- Optimization: Dark mode adjustments for notifications
- Fix: Floating notifications overlapped when the transparent background was used
- Fix: Permission dialog elements overlapped after a notification was long pressed
- Fix: Notifications weren't displayed correctly when App lock was used
- Fix: Cleaner animations weren't displayed correctly
- Fix: Notification shade couldn't be opened in some cases
- Fix: Notifications weren't displayed correctly after missed calls
- Fix: Issues with permissions after missed calls
- Fix: Floating notifications flashed when Second space was used
- Fix: The clock wasn't always displayed correctly in the Notification shade
- Fix: Player controls weren't always displayed in the Notification shade
- Fix: Notification badges didn't always appear
- Fix: Backgrounds weren't displayed correctly when notifications arrived and third party themes were used
- Fix: Notifications weren't always displayed correctly when "Raise to wake" was used
- Fix: Buttons weren't always displayed correctly on the notifications when Dark mode was on