VIA reveals Viega ruggedized Android tablet
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
VIA Technologies announced yesterday the 10.1-inch VIA Viega, a rugged Android slate aimed at professionals who need to operate it in harsh environments. According to the official press release, this tablet was built "to survive the rigors of the showroom floor, warehouse, construction site and other enterprise-level mobile computing environments."
VIA Viega comes with the following technical specs and features:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 with NEON technology and Mali-400 DP graphics
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 16 GB flash memory and microSD support
- Display: 10.1-inch LED backlit LCD with 1,280X800 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP back with autofocus (optional)
- Connectivity: WiFi, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, 3G (optional), GPS, micro SIM, 2Xmicro USB, micro HDMI out
- Operating system: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean "with customization services available"
- Weight/Dimensions: 1.5 pounds; 10.4X6.8X0.5 inches
- Autonomy: up to 9 hours
The VIA Viega is IP65-certified for protection from water and features a tempered glass panel, as well as corner guards for protection from vibrations and shocks. The price of such a device is not mentioned by the press release, but it looks like samples are available for testing already.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros