Pokini TAB A8 rugged dual OS tablet coming next month
ASUS Transformer Book Duet would have been a really attractive device thanks to its dual-boot capabilities, but it was unfortunately canceled. The good news is that Pokini TAB A8 will launch next month and promises to come loaded with both Windows and Android, thus becoming one of the first dual-OS rugged tablets on the market.
German site Tabtech.de has just revealed the main specs of this upcoming slate, as well as a few images. This is what to expect from the Pokini TAB A8:
- Processor: quad-core Intel Atom Bay Trail Z3745
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 32 GB, 64 GB or 128 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 8.3-inch touchscreen with 1,920X1,200 pixels, passive stylus control
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi, NFC, USB 2.0, micro USB, micro HDMI, UMTS (optional)
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 7 and Android
- Weight: ~1.1 pounds
- Autonomy: up to 10 hours
The TAB A8 is protected from dust, water and drops of up to 3.2 feet and will launch in June, while a 10 inch version is expected to arrive in July. There is no word on pricing and availability in the US at this time, but we will get back to this rugged dual OS slate as soon as such information becomes public.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros