Samsung Galaxy Tab Active now up for pre-order
Samsung Electronics America Inc. announced yesterday that Galaxy Tab Active, its first tablet for business customers, will begin shipping to US-based customers at the end of the month. This rugged tablet is now available for pre-order and on display at the Samsung Booth, #5 and #6 in the Atlantic Exhibit Hall from October 6 – 9.
According to Tod Pike, senior vice president at Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division, "This device represents Samsung’s commitment to develop a customer-centric model that can be used for vertical integration across all key industries." Samsung Galaxy Tab Active comes with the following enterprise features:
- IP67 certification for protection from dust and water
- anti-shock protection for drops of up to 4 feet when using a protective case and elastic display cover
- certified for SAP Work Manager and CRM Service Manager
- removable battery for up to 10 hours of mixed use on a single charge
- C-Pen system for handwriting
- NFC connectivity
- POGO charging connector
- mobile security through Samsung Knox
The WiFi version of this slate is already up for pre-order, as mentioned in the beginning. Samsung.com shows a price of $699.99 USD and three-year warranty. Although no information about it can be found right now, a 4G LTE-enabled version will probably follow soon.