Handheld launches Algiz RT7 rugged tablet
Rugged tablets are not for anyone, but it is always good to see more such devices showing up. Earlier this week, Swedish company Handheld Group has unveiled the Algiz RT7, a tablet they advertise as "a powerful, lightweight and ergonomic 7-inch tablet designed for reliable performance in demanding environments."
Handheld Algiz RT7 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB LPDDR2 RAM; 16 GB eMMC internal storage and SDHC support up to 32 GB
- Display: 7-inch TFT LCD with 1,024X600 pixels and 600 nits, sunlight-readable and protected by chemically strengthened glass
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP with LED flash and autofocus on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0, micro USB, RJ45 LAN, VGA
- Operating system: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Weight/Dimensions: 1.44 pounds; 8.5X5.0X0.9 inches
- Battery: lithium-ion 6000 mAh
In addition to the above, the Algiz RT7 has four programmable keys and a lot of optional features, including a 2D barcode imager and a 13.56 Mhz RFID reader. Being an MIL-STD-810G and IP65 certified device, this tablet can handle extreme temperatures, water, dust, as well as at least 26 drops on concrete from 4 feet.
The starting price for this rugged Android tablet is $1,149 USD, and it can be already ordered. Shipments will begin next month, with volume deliveries starting in January 2016.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros