CES 2019 | The Asus ZenBook S13 comes with a reversed notch, 97 percent screen-to-body ratio
At this year's CES trade show, Asus is back with a new ZenBook ultraportable that features an impressive screen-to-body ratio, a rather unusual camera placement, and an NVIDIA GeForce MX150 video card in what appears to be the thinnest notebook design to integrate a dedicated graphics adapter.
The Asus ZenBook S13 carries the model number UX392 and will hit the market later this year with the following specs and features:
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8265U and Intel Core i7-8565U
- Memory/Storage: up to 16 GB LPDDR3; up to 1 TB PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD
- Display: 13.9-inch LED IPS NanoEdge with 400 nits brightness, 100 percent sRGB gamut, and 1,920 x 1,080 pixels
- Connectivity: WiFi 2x2 802.11ac, microSD, 3.5 mm audio jack, 2 x USB 3.1 Type-C, USB 3.1 Type-A
- Operating system: Windows 10 Professional
- Battery: 50 Wh
- Weight/Dimensions: 2.2 pounds; 12.4 x 7.7 x 0.5 inches
In addition to the above, it is also worth mentioning that the new ZenBook comes with a generous backlit keyboard that, despite the slim design of the machine, features a slightly longer travel than the keyboard of the UX391. The trackpad integrates a fingerprint sensor and fully supports Windows Hello.
To achieve the 97 percent screen-to-body ratio, Asus decided to take the camera and place it in a notch that does not take away any screen space, since it is located above the screen. Some might say that the camera bump ruins the design, but it definitely gets the "increase screen-to-body ratio" job done.
The Asus ZenBook S13 is not available for purchase yet, so we will get back to it once we have information regarding the pricing and regional configurations.
What do you think about the design of the new ZenBook S13? Can you live with that camera bump or not?
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Indian citizens welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros