CES 2018 | The Asus ROG Strix GL12 is an E-Sports orientated PC with a hot-swappable SSD bay on the front panel
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
The ROG Strix GL12 is a gaming desktop that means business (you can tell because it has both ROG and Strix branding in the name). It features an edgy and angular design punctuated by RGB light strips on the front panel. It features a factory overclocked Intel 8th Gen i7 processor, and graphics card options starting with the GTX 1060 and going up from there. The CPU overclock is backed up by liquid cooling to keep temperatures down inside the case.
Asus is pushing this desktop as a great option for the E-Sports and LAN party scene with a crossbar to support the GPU during transport and to stop large cards from sagging and putting pressure on the PCI-E port. They also promote the hot-swappable SSD bay on the front panel as ideal for E-Sports, although in most tournaments players are only allowed to peripherals such as keyboard, mouse, mat, and sometimes headset, so we’re not sure how useful a hot-swappable SSD bay would be to an E-Sports professional.
- CPU: Intel i7-8700K 6C/12T, factory overclocked to 4.8 GHz across all cores
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060, GTX 1070, GTX 1080
- RAM: Up to 64 GB DDR4-2800
- Storage: 1 x m.2 NVMe, 1 x 2.5-inch bay, 2 x 2.5/3.5-inch bays
- Ports: Two of the rear ports support USB 3.1 at 10 Gbps. Integrated SD card reader
- Volume: 27 liters
- Window: Acrylic used due to higher durability during transport
Asus Press Release