SP/ Silicon Power launches Slim S80 SSD
SP/ Silicon Power announced last week a new internal SSD drive with an extra slim enclosure and capacities up to 960 GB, covered by a 3-year warranty. According to the official press release, "the brand-new Slim S80 unleashes the full potential of the 6Gbps SATA III interface to further improve computing capability and mobility" and targets ultra-slim portables.
Silicon Power Slim S80 has the following specs and features:
- Capacity: 32 GB / 60 GB / 120 GB / 240 GB / 480 GB / 960 GB
- Interface: SATA 3 6 GB/s, backwards compatible with SATA 2 3 GB/s
- Read/write speeds: up to 550 MB/sec / 530 MB/sec
- 4K random read/write: up to 80,000 IOPS
- Technologies supported: S.M.A.R.T., ECC, TRIM, Garbage Collection, wear leveling
- Vibration/shock resistance: 20 G / 1500 G
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.17 pounds; 3.94X2.75X0.28 inches
This drive is only available in black and will soon hit the US through various retailers, including Amazon and Newegg. The press release does not reveal pricing, but claims the Slim S80 is already available, so it should get listed anytime now.