Mushkin introduces Chronos G2 SSD
Mushkin announced yesterday the addition of a new member to its Chronos family of solid state drives, namely the Chronos G2. This new drive is both designed and assembled in the US. Capacities of the Chronos G2 range from 60 GB to 480 GB, this way offering customers "the option to enter the SSD world with a limited budget, with no compromise in performance."
The new Mushkin Chronos G2 drive has the following highlights:
- Capacity: 60 GB / 120 GB / 240 GB / 480 GB
- Interface: SATA 3, also compatible with SATA 2
- Controller: SandForce SF-2000 series
- Shock tolerance: up to 1500 G
- Read/Write speed: up to 555 MB/s; up to 535 MB/s
- Random write: up to 90K IOPS
- MTBF/Warranty: 1,500,000 hours; three-year limited
"Mushkin doesn’t only focus on launching new and innovative storage and memory solutions, we are always looking for new ways to enhance our existing products as we are doing with our value Chronos G2," says Nicolas Villalobos, Director of Global Marketing at Mushkin Inc.
The Chronos G2 SSD has TRIM support and has been approved by the SandForce Driven quality program. Pricing and availability still have to be announced.