Angelbird launches SSD2go pocket SSD
Austrian SSD manufacturer Angelbird Technologies launched the new SSD2go pocket earlier this week, thus adding a new member to the successful SSD2go series. While small in terms of physical size, this portable SSD is capable of providing "everything you would expect from a premium brand like Angelbird, including: first-class components, superb craftsmanship, breathtaking read/write-speeds over USB 3.0 and an extremely robust, handcrafted aluminium body."
Angelbird SSD2go pocket has the following highlights:
- Capacity: 128 GB / 256 GB / 512 GB
- Controller: Silicon Motion SM2246EN
- Interface: full size USB 3.0 5 GB/s
- Read/Write performance: up to 450 MB/s; up to 390 MB/s and 38,800 IOPS
- Power consumption: 0.8 W idle; 2.4 W active
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.2 pounds; 3.5X2.75X0.41 inches
- Life expectancy/Warranty: over 2 million hours MTBF; 5 years limited
- Colors: silver, blue, red, black
This portable drive uses synchronous MLC memory and features overload protection, TRIM, SMART, ECC, as well as EMS protection. The prices for the US market start at $179.99 USD for the 128 GB version and go up to $449.99 USD for the 512 GB version, both excluding VAT.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros