Angelbird reveals SSD wrk solid-state drive
Angelbird is a manufacturer of solid-state drives from Austria and they have just unveiled the SSD wrk, advertised as "a robust and highly efficient" drive which is aimed at the entry level segment of the market. The drive has a case made using matt black anodized aluminum and uses custom packed Multi-Level Cell NANDs manufactured by Micron.
These are the main specs and features of the Angelbird SSD wrk:
- Capacity: 128 GB / 256 GB / 512 GB
- Controller: SMI 2246EN
- Interface: SATA 3.1 6 GB/s, backwards compatible with SATA 2 3 GB/s
- Read/Write performance: up to 563 MB/s; up to 450 MB/s and 72k IOPS
- Power consumption: 0.25 W idle; 1.97 W to 2.98 W active, depending on capacity
- Features: overload protection, TRIM, EMS protection, ESD protection, overload protection
- Life expectancy/Warranty: 2 million hours MTBF; 3 years
Angelbird's new SSD drives can be purchased for $99.99 USD (128 GB), $159.99 USD (256 GB) and $299.99 USD (512 GB) from the company's resellers all over the world.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros