Apotop introduces S3C SATA III SSD
Apotop has just unveiled a new solid-state drive with sizes between 64 GB and 512 GB which uses the SM2246 controller and features MLC NAND synchronous flash memory. According to the official press release, this drive can reach sequential read speeds of up to roughly 500 MB/s, while maximum sequential write speeds can go near 300 MB/s.
Apotop S3C comes with the following specs and features:
- Capacity: 64 GB / 128 GB / 256 GB / 512 GB
- Controller: SMI SM2246
- Interface: SATA 3 6 GB/s, backwards compatible with SATA 2 3 GB/s
- Read/Write performance: up to 490 MB/s; up to 280 MB/s and 4k IOPS
- Power consumption: 0.5 W idle; 1.2 W active
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.17 pounds; 3.94X2.75X0.28 inches
- Life expectancy/Warranty: 1 million hours MTBF; 3 years
The Apotop S3C drive also features support for TRIM, can handle shocks of up to 1500 G and comes with a 3.5-inch adapter included in the retail package. It is fully compatible with Mac OS X, Linux and Windows systems, but availability and pricing have not been announced yet.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros