CES 2015 | Samsung debuts Portable SSD T1 starting at $179.99 USD
Samsung has just unveiled a new external drive, a device simply called Portable SSD T1. According to the official press release published on the Samsung Electronics Official Global Blog, the Portable SSD T1 "is ideal for business travelers, creative professionals and content creators with a need for secure local storage they can take on-the-go and use to quickly transfer large amounts of data." This external drive uses Samsung's proprietary 3D Vertical NAND (V-NAND) memory technology and has been recently chosen an honoree for the 2015 CES Innovation Awards.
Samsung Portable SSD T1 comes with the following highlights:
- Capacities: 250 GB, 500 GB, 1 TB
- Connectivity: USB 3.0, backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Sequential read/write speed: up to 450 MB/s
- Random reads: up to 8K IOPS
- Random writes: up to 21K IOPS
- Encryption: 256-bit AES
- Shock resistance: up to 1500G/0.5ms
- Weight/Dimensions: 1.06 oz; 2.8X2.09X0.36 inches
- Warranty: three-year limited
In addition to the above, Samsung Portable SSD T1 features Dynamic Thermal Guard technology for data protection when facing extreme temperatures, as well as the possibility to set a unique user password to ensure privacy of sensitive information.
Samsung Portable SSD T1 will hit the market later this month in 15 countries, including the United States, but can be already seen at CES 2015 on display at Samsung's booth - 11906 in Central Hall.