Samsung introduces 850 EVO SSD with 3-bit V-NAND technology
Samsung announced earlier today the addition of a new member to its solid state drive lineup, namely the 850 EVO. This new drive uses Samsung's 3-bit 3D Vertical NAND (V-NAND) technology and is capable of providing "a significant boost in performance and endurance as compared to its predecessor." This makes it an ideal choice for use in mainstream PCs.
Samsung 850 EVO drives come with the following highlights:
- Capacities: 120 GB, 250 GB, 250 GB, 1 TB
- Sequential read: up to 540 MB/s
- Sequential write: up to 520 MB/s
- Random write: up to 90K IOPS (1 TB model)
- Reliability: 80 GB daily data writes for five years (500 GB and 1 TB models)
The new 850 EVO lineup will receive new members next year, when Samsung plans to add mSATA and M.2 drives to this family. Pricing and more detailed specs will be available later this month, when the 850 EVO lineup is scheduled to go on sale in 53 countries worldwide, including the United States.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros