Qualcomm Snapdragon 845-powered Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 now official with wireless charging and up to 10 GB of memory
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
German-English-Translator - Details here
Those who own the Mi Mix 2S can sit back and relax for the time being, because the new Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 does not come with a major leap forward in terms of performance. However, the new handset is all about a full-screen design and AI-powered mobile photography performance, not to mention the wireless charging ability and the upcoming 5G model, which is supposed to hit the market in the first part of next year.
Without further ado, these are the highlights of the new Xiaomi Mi Mix 3:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- 6 or 8/128 GB and 8/256 GB variants, Palace Museum edition with 10 GB RAM and 256 GB internal storage
- 6.4-inch full HD+ AMOLED display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 403 ppi
- 93.4 percent screen-to-body ratio
- 12 MP + 12 MP (f/1.8 and f/2.4) dual camera on the back
- 24 MP + 2 MP selfie shooter
- WiFi 802.11 ac (4x4 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, dual 4G VoLTE, NFC
- USB Type-C, dual nano SIM slots
- 3,850 mAh battery with 10 W wireless charging
- MIUI 10 (on top of Android 8.1 Oreo for now, sadly)
- Onyx Black, Sapphire Blue, Jade Green color options
Unfortunately, there is no 3.5 mm audio jack, although the 3.5 mm to USB Type-C adapter is bundled in the retail package. Some might not care about this detail, but we also must mention the mono speaker. However, the magnetic manual slider design is an interesting approach and those worried about this leading to early breakdowns of the handset should know that this part is expected to last up to 300,000 cycles.
The prices start at the equivalent of roughly US$474 (6/128 GB), but even the 8/256 GB variant has a reasonable price tag of almost US$575. Since these are the prices for the Chinese market, the Western world will probably get the Mi Mix 3 for at least 10-15 percent more.
How much would you pay for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 if it gets to your country via the official channels? Is this full-slide design a good idea or not? Let us know in the comments.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros