OnePlus rolls out stable OxygenOS 10.3.1 bug-crushing update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T
The OnePlus 6 and 6T have a bumpy ride of it lately. OnePlus pulled their initial Android 10 update, before reissuing it and then swiftly moving them onto OxygenOS 10.3.0. While 10.3.0 promised better camera performance for both devices, there were also multiple reports of it breaking OxygenOS' notch-hiding feature.
Now, OnePlus has started rolling out OxygenOS 10.3.1, which fixes even more issues for the two devices. Currently, the company is rolling out the over-the-air (OTA) update in stages to ensure that there are no "critical bugs", in case you are wondering why your OnePlus 6 or 6T is yet to receive a notification that 10.3.1 is ready to download. While the update should see a wider release in a few days barring any bugs, you could download it from Oxygen Updater in the meantime.
The changelog for OxygenOS 10.3.1 is as follows:
- Fixed the issue with a black screen appearing after unlocking the device using a fingerprint
- Fixed the issue with the animation logo while rebooting device
- Fixed the issue with device heating up while charging
- Fixed the random disconnection issue with 5Ghz hotspot
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated security patch to 2019.12
- Optimised the image preview time in the Pro mode
- Fixed the camera crash issue
- Fixed the issue with videos and images not displaying in the gallery
It is worth noting that 10.3.1 does not address the notch-hiding issue, as we have discussed previously. However, there is an unofficial workaround for this if it is frustrating you.