Huawei MateBook X Pro 2020 and MateBook 13 2020 now available for pre-order with Comet Lake-U CPUs
First announced back in February, the MateBook X Pro 2020 edition from Huawei is finally available for pre-order (only in select countries at the moment) along with the updated MateBook 13 2020 edition and will begin shipping on May 21. Both ultrabook models got upgraded with i5 and i7 Comet Lake-U CPUs. Unfortunately, the dGPU side is still somewhat neglected, as Huawei continues to offer only a GeForce MX250 option.
The displays on these two models remain one of the strong points. The X Pro comes with a 13.9-inch LTPS screen with slim bezels, 3000 x 2000 resolution, 100% sRGB color gamut, 1500:1 contrast, and 450 nits brightness. On the other hand, the smaller model gets a 13-inch IPS screen with 2160 x 1440 resolution, 1000:1 contrast, and 300 nits brightness. Additionally, both screens have touch capabilities. As for differences, the X Pro model weighs around 1.33 Kg (2.93 lbs) and comes with a 56 Wh battery, while the 13 model weighs 1.3 Kg (2.86 lbs) and gets a 41.7 Wh battery.
Other standard features found on both models include:
- Core i5-10210U or Core i7-10510U CPU options
- 8 / 16 GB LPDDR3-2133 RAM (8 GB option only for the MateBook 13)
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 5
- 1 MP webcam with Windows Hello integration
- 2x USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 ports (1 supports charging, as well), audio jack (1x USB-A port only on the MateBoo X Pro)
- 512 GB NVMe SSD (1 TB option for the MateBook X Pro only)
- Fingerprint scanner integrated in the power button
Price-wise, the MateBook X Pro with i7 CPU and 1TB GB NVMe SSD costs 1,799.99 EUR, while the 13 model with i7 CPU, 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD is available for pre-order at 1,299.99 EUR.