HP: New Spectre x360 and new Envy Laptops announced
The transition to Kaby Lake is continuing. Today, HP announced the update of their Envy line of laptops, as well as a redesigned Spectre x360
Spectre x360 13
With the new 13,3" Spectre x360, HP is following the trend towards smaller display-bezels, a trend that was initiated by Dell with its XPS 13. However, in contrast to the XPS, HP is only applying this design to the bezels on the sides, the top bezel is still there, very likely because HP chose to keep the infrared equipped camera (Windows Hello compatible) there.
The new model is the thinnest Spectre x360 yet, with just 13,8 mm of thickness (2mm less then its predecessor). Despite this, HP managed to use a slightly bigger 57,8 Wh battery. Completely redesigned is the port selection, gone are the mDP, HDMI, SC-Card reader and the proprietary charging port. Instead, the Spectre x360 has two Thunderbolt 3 ports, as well as a USB 3.0 type A port and a 3.5mm audio-jack.
The detailed specs of the new 13,3" X360:
- 13,3" FHD (1.920 x 1.080) IPS Touchscreen, 360° hinge
- Inteö Core i5-7200U / Core i7-7500U
- Intel HD 620 iGPU
- Up to 16 GB RAM, up to 512 GB NVMe SSD storage
- 2x Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.0 Type A, Combo Headphone/Microphone Audio Jack
- Intel WiFi 802.11ac (2x2) + Bluetooth 4.2
- 1080p HP Infrared Camera, Dual Microphones
- Bang & Olufsen Quad-Speakers
- Starting at 1.29 kg, 305.3 x 217.9 x 13.7 mm
- 57,8 Wh battery, 45 W power adapter
The fate of the 15,6" model is unclear right now. The 13,3" model is launching in the USA today, starting at 1.049 US Dollar.
New Envy Ultrabooks
HP also is updating its more budget friendly Envy line with Kaby Lake CPUs. The Envy 13 is heading into the opposite direction compared with the Spectre x360, as the new model is a little bit thicker. Not without reason though, as it also houses a bigger battery, promising a 40 % improvement in battery capacity. The 15,6" and 17,3" Envy models are also updated. The new HP Envy laptops are supposed to be available in the US in November.