Global MIUI 12 stable ROM for the Redmi Note 8 Pro in wider rollout and available for public download
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
The MIUI 12 software version V18.104.22.168.QGGMIXM (with “MI” indicating the update is for Global variants) for the Redmi Note 8 Pro started being rolled out last month, but this was only a partial rollout aimed at those who had taken part in Xiaomi’s testing scheme. However, the Chinese OEM has now officially announced that the MIUI 12 Global stable ROM for the Redmi Note 8 Pro is fully available to all users of this particular smartphone.
Owners of the Global version of the Redmi Note 8 Pro can either wait for the MIUI 12 stable update to reach them via OTA or download the software directly from Xiaomi’s official links (update flash 2.4 GB; fastboot flash 3.8 GB). A full changelog can be viewed below, but Redmi Note 8 Pro owners should be aware that they won’t be able to use certain popular features such as Super Wallpapers.
However, Redmi Note 8 Pro (Global) smartphone users will get to enjoy MIUI 12 features such as new animated icons, dynamic backgrounds, a lite mode, and “dynamic window technology”. The V22.214.171.124.QGGMIXM software update for the popular Redmi device also brings an Android security patch dated up to June 2020 with it.
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device's look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.
- New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.