Garmin rolls out Alpha version 9.15 to Epix 2, Fenix 7 and Quatix 7 series with changes and improvements
Garmin has released another Alpha update to the Fenix 7 series, having issued Alpha version 9.14 late last month. It is worth noting that 'Alpha' is Garmin's new term for public beta builds. Currently, Alpha builds are only available to download from Garmin's website, not on the smartwatch itself. However, Garmin hopes to expand Beta Program functionality to include Alpha versions in future.
While Alpha version 9.14 contained several improvements and new features, Alpha version 9.15 focuses more on bug fixes. Still, Garmin states that it has improved Training Status, as well as the 'What's New' UI. Additionally, Alpha version 9.15. adds the ability to update software over Wi-Fi via the software update menu manually. Also, Garmin's software will now notify you when your suggested workouts have been updated to prepare for a race. Incidentally, Alpha version 9.15 adds HRV Status and Race Calendar widget glances.
For reference, Alpha version 9.15 is compatible with the Epix 2 and Quatix 7 series, as was its predecessor. Additionally, Garmin urges people to update secure_config files if they installed them before May 25. If you need to do so, Garmin provides a guide on applying the latest set of secure_config files via the link below. The bug fixes for Alpha version 9.15 are as follows:
- Fixed UI issues with glance folders.
- Fixed a UI issue with workout list subtitles.
- Fixed potential shutdown in stocks widget glance.
- Fixes and improvements made to Training Readiness.
- Fixed some UI issues with the Stocks widget glance.
- Fixed potential intermittent shutdown on solar models.
- Fixed potential incorrect icon usage in some data fields.
- Fixed issue with European stocks in the stocks widget glance.
- Fixed issue with stock closing price in stocks widget glance.
- Fixes and improvements made to the Primary Race widget glance.
- Fixed UI issue with training readiness bar colors in the glance.
- Fixed UI issue with custom workout list when training is paused.
- Fixed potential shutdown with body battery graph on the watch face.
- Fixed stocks app not persisting tickers after a power cycle of the device.
- Fixed an issue where GCM could show 0 instead of 12am in sleep window settings.
- Fixed an issue where using a Hot Key to open Timer from the Spotify library would return to an empty screen.