Eurocom launches Raptor X15 gaming laptop powered by desktop-grade Intel Alder Lake processors
Eurocom is among the few OEMs that offers laptop models equipped with desktop-grade components, and this year the company is unleashing the Raptor X15 powered by up to an Intel Alder Lake i9-12900 desktop processor. As always, the chassis comes with a thicker profile (32.5 mm), as the cooling system needs to be upgraded to handle the increased processor TDP. However, the total weight does not exceed 2.6 kg (5.7 lbs).
The new Raptor X15 desktop-replacement gaming laptop integrates an H670 motherboard with i5-12600, i7-12700 and i9-12900 processor options. These can be coupled with up to 64 GB of DDR4-3200 RAM plus storage solutions comprising NVMe and SATA3 combos with up to 24 TB total capacities. Surprisingly enough, Eurocom chose to not go all-in with the components, and only offers RTX 3070 Ti or RTX 3060 dGPU options, while the motherboard does not feature Thunderbolt 4 connectors, suggesting that the company needed to make some compromises in order to maintain production costs at reasonable levels.
Other features include:
- Two 15.6-inch display options: BOE 165Hz QHD with 100% sRGB color gamut or Sharp IGZO 240 Hz FHD with 100% sRGB color gamut
- High performance high quality copper cooling heatsinks
- 1 GbE NIC + Wi-Fi 6 and BT 5.1
- SoundBlaster Cinema 6 audio codec
- Port selection: 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 with DP 1.4 mode, mini DP 1.4 + HDMI 2.0b video outs, audio combo jack, GbE jack
- Fingerprint reader
- 62 Wh battery
A base model with i5-12600 processor, RTX 3060 dGPU, 16 GB RAM and 1 TB SSHD storage is priced at US$1,799, whereas the high-end i9-12900 model can be specced to the maximum for US$15,732.