Eight key features of the upcoming Nubia X revealed
While quite a few phone-makes are concentrating on releasing foldable phones before the end of 2018, Nubia is taking a slightly different approach to increase the “screen estate”. The upcoming Nubia X flagship will feature front and back screens just like the Z18S model revealed a few months ago. October 31 was teased by Nubia to be the reveal date for the X flagship, and the company now decided to tease some more features ahead of the official unveiling.
In order to hype things before the official reveal, Nubia posted an infographic on the Chinese site Weibo, describing eight features that would recommend the X smartphone over other models. Keep in mind that the information was translated via Google Translate, so some facts might not make too much sense, but the official specs will certainly clear things up. Here is the list of features:
• ~100% screen-to-body ratio
• special screen mode that offers eye protection
• AI-enabled theme chooser for the rear display – changes the UI appearance based on location, weather etc.
• flexible OLED screen that can be curved towards the edges
• no selfie cam and no notch – rear shooter and rear display are ideal for selfies
• hardware specs enable a pleasant gaming experience
• battery charging over Wi-Fi (most likely wireless charging)
• MSRP of roughly US$1,440 – may sound too high, but we need to see all the features before judging this aspect
It would be interesting to see if the frontal/rear screen approach would become a viable alternative to folding smartphones in the next few years.