BLU Energy XL Android phablet debuts priced at $299.99 USD
BLU Products remains the leader of the US market of unlocked handsets, and the company's latest product comes to strengthen that position. Dubbed BLU Energy XL, this 6-inch phablet has a premium build, mostly mid-range features, but its impressive 5000 mAh battery also allows it to act as a power bank.
BLU Energy XL has the following specs and features:
- Processor: MediaTek MT6753 SoC with Mali-T720 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 64 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 6-inch multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels and 367 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB, GPS
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop (Marshmallow to become available by the end of 2016)
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.46 pounds; 6.33X3.2X0.33 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: lithium-polymer 5000 mAh; 3 days of mixed use
- Colors: solid gold, white silver
The handset also has a fingerprint reader and is already in stock at Amazon, where it retails for $299.99 USD, 6 percent down from the $319.99 USD MSRP. Unfortunately, BLU Energy XL only ships within the continental United States due to regulations.