MWC 2017 | Archos 101 Saphir rugged tablet now official
Archos is a French company well-known for its affordable Android devices. Being one of the first companies to launch a tablet powered by Google's mobile operating system, Archos is now ready to bring a rugged tablet to MWC, its launch being scheduled for June.
Archos 101 Saphir is closely related to the already unveiled 50 Saphir smartphone and offers the following highlights:
- Processor: 1.3 GHz 64-bit MediaTek MT8163 SoC with Mali-T720 MP2 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage
- Display: 10.1-inch IPS with 1,280X800 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB Type-C, micro HDMI
- Operating system: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery: 6,000 mAh
According to the official press release, Archos subsidiary Logic Instrument was in charge of designing the new tablet, the result being a rugged casing that protects from drops up to 1 meter high, dust and water splashes (as specified by the IP54 standard).
Archos 101 Saphir will be on display next week at MWC 2017 in hall 6, booth #B60. More information on the final specs, pricing, and availability should become available at launch.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros