Panasonic launches Toughpad FZ-A2 rugged tablet
Back in June, Panasonic unveiled the Toughpad FZ-A2 rugged tablet, expecting to make it available for purchase in Europe one month later. However, the US market did not receive this 10.1-inch slate until now.
These are the specs mentioned by Panasonic's press release that announces the US launch of the Toughpad FZ-A2:
- Processor: Intel Atom x5-Z8550 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 32 GB eMMC internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 10.1-inch 10-point multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels and 800 nit
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, USB 3.0 Type A, USB 3.0 Type C OTG, HDMI, GPS
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The standard battery offers up to 9 hours of autonomy, but it is hot swap capable with a bridge battery. The list of optional features is very long, including a dual pass-through antenna, various barcode reader and smart card reader configurations, and many others.
Being a tablet for businesses and offering increased durability and flexibility, the Toughpad FZ-A2 does not come cheap. The WiFi only base model has a list price of $2,189 USD.