ASUS Zenfone 8, ASUS 8z and Zenfone 8 Flip now eligible for Android 13 updates
ASUS has started updating the Zenfone 8 series to Android 13, the second major OS update for the Zenfone 8 and Zenfone 8 Flip. Offered as WW-33.0210.0210.210, the update arrives approximately a month after ASUS rolled out an equivalent update for the Zenfone 9, the sole member in the Zenfone 9 series to date. For reference, ASUS sold the Zenfone 8 as the ASUS 8z in India. However, the company distributes the same update package for the ASUS 8z, Zenfone 8 and the Zenfone 8 Flip.
According to XDA Developers, ASUS has released WW-33.0210.0210.210 to all Zenfone 8 variants apart from those sold in Japan. It remains to be seen whether ASUS plans to distribute a different build in Japan though, or whether WW-33.0210.0210.210 will be arriving there within the next few days. Regardless, WW-33.0210.0210.210 is definitely eligible for models sold in Europe, India, Taiwan and in other markets as worldwide editions. The full changelog for the Zenfone 8 series Android 13 update is as follows:
- Upgraded system to Android 13.
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, Emergency Dialer, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, and so on.
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, notification tray, and volume panel to Android 13 design.
- Added the notification permission feature. You can adjust the permission of each apps in the Apps & notifications Settings.
- System clipboard added “Auto delete” and editor features.
- Added the QR code scanner option for the lock screen shortcut feature, and the Control from locked device feature in the Security & lock screen setting.
- According to Digital Wellbeing setting, system color scheme can be set to automatically switched by the bedtime option.
- Adjusted the Vibration & haptic strength setting, Display and font size setting, and the width/length of navigation white bar when choosing gesture navigation.
- Changed to the Blocked numbers setting in Phone to stock behaviour. You will not receive calls or texts from blocked numbers.
- Removed the Call duration setting.
- Replaced original Style settings to new Wallpaper & style settings – Remove shape option, support Themed icons, and the system color is reset to blue.
- Added link quick share feature in ASUS Launcher.
- Added Asus customization preferences setting. Allows applying the collection of commonly used customization settings with one click.
- Removed the ‘Calm’ and ‘Elegant’ options in the Power button menu style setting.
- Adjusted the design of the dialpad and contacts details page in the Phone app to display information more clearly.
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 13 yet.
- Upgrade system modes to the latest version, including “High performance”, “Dynamic”, “Durable” and “Ultra durable.” Game Genie is also upgraded to the latest version, to allow quick switching of system modes in games.
WW-33.0210.0210.210 should arrive as an over-the-air (OTA) update within the next few days if it has not already done so. Please be aware that the update is over a 3 GB file, so it could take some time to download and install. Initial impressions are positive though, with no obvious bugs or issues that would necessitate holding back from upgrading. If your device has not received a notification to download WW-33.0210.0210.210 yet, then you could attempt to install it manually by pulling the appropriate zip file from ASUS’ website or the links below.