ZTE Axon is now official
ZTE USA unleashed the Axon smartphone in New York yesterday, as previously announced. This new handset has high-end features for a competitive price, giving the latest offerings from Samsung, LG, or HTC a run for the money. ZTE Axon packs a high-resolution display, a very generous amount of memory, a power pack with large capacity and comes loaded with the latest Google Android version.
These are the highlights of the ZTE Axon:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 32 GB of internal storage, but no microSD slot
- Display: 5.5-inch CGS multitouch display with 1,440X2,560 pixels/534 ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Cameras: 8 MP front, dual lens 13 MP + 2 MP with dual LED flash on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi with hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.38 pounds; 6.06X2.9X0.37 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 3000 mAh (non-removable); 12 hours talk time and up to 240 hours standby
- Colors: chromium, ion gold, phthalo blue
The dual-lens rear camera can capture images with adjustable depth of field, also featuring quick autofocus, fast shutter speed, as well as support for [email protected] fps video capture. The Axon also features Hi-Fi audio playback and recording thanks to twin microphones with noise suppression technology .
ZTE Axon supports both AT&T and T-Mobile's 4G LTE networks and comes unlocked for $449.98 USD. The handset also comes with JBL E13 in-ear headphones for no additional charge.