Xiaomi's Black Shark gaming phone officially revealed with liquid cooling solution
Rumors about the Black Shark gaming phone have been circulating around the Net for a few months, with the latest teasers hinting at an April 13 official reveal. The wait is over and it looks like the rumors did not manage to spoil a few major specs that make the Black Shark truly unique.
The 5.99-inch display comes with a 2:1 aspect ratio and 2160 x 1080 resolution, but rumors seem to have gone a bit overboard with the 120 Hz and HDR features. Still, the Black Shark does come with one of the brightest displays on a smartphone, able to offer up to 550 nits and a 97% sRGB color gamut. As a serious gaming device, this model is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 SoC coupled with either 6 or 8 GB of RAM, while storage options range between 64 and 128 GB.
Other important features include:
• 4000 mAh battery with fast charging through USB-C port
• special gaming controller that attaches to the bottom of the phone (also compatible with other models)
• back casing features a special design for improved grip
• 20 MP selfie cam + dual 12 MP rear camera setup
• watercooling system that allows the SoC to run 8 degrees centigrade lower than stock solutions
• stereo speakers (unfortunately, no audio jack)
The special gaming controller needs to be purchased separately and will be available for ~US$28 in limited quantities. Both Black Shark versions will start shipping in May, with the 6 GB/64 GB model priced at ~US$477 and the 8 GB/128 GB costing ~US$557.
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros