The new Samsung Exynos 7904 processor is aimed at the Indian market
Samsung is back with a new processor and this one comes with a specific target: India. According to the official press release, the Samsung Exynos 7 Series 7904 is a mobile chip "tailored for Indian consumers" that brings multimedia features to the mid-range sector of the smartphone market.
The aforementioned set of multimedia features that the new Exynos 7904 can provide includes seamless multitasking, ultra-fast connectivity, as well as triple-camera support. Without further ado, these are the chip's highlights:
- 2 x Cortex-A73 cores at 1.8 GHz
- 6 x Cortex-A53 cores at 1.6 GHz
- LTE modem with Cat.12 3-carrier aggregation (CA) and 600 Mbps downlink
- ISP with up to 32 MP single camera and triple-camera support
- full HD 120 fps and UHD 30 fps video playback
- up to FHD+ display resolution
The Exynos 7904 is already in mass production, so the first handsets to use it should hit the market soon. Since the Galaxy M series should arrive in India next week, there is a solid chance to see that at least one of the new phones uses the Exynos 7904.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros