The HP EliteOne 1000 is a purpose-built AiO for collaboration
HP's World Partner Forum in Chicago was all about innovations in fostering better business collaboration and one such result of HP's efforts in this area is the EliteOne 1000 All-in-One (AiO) G1. The desktop PC seems to be built from the ground up for enhanced collaboration using Skype for Business with integrated collaboration keys to launch video conference calls quickly.
The AiO features an optional FHD dual-facing popup webcam and audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen. It is powered by 7th generation Intel Core processors available in a range of options along with optional Intel Optane memory. It comes pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro and features the whole suite of HP's business software such as HP Sure Click, HP Sure Start Gen3 and the HP Manageability Integration Kit. The AiO also comes with the option of installing HP PhoneWise, which lets users respond to calls and texts directly from the desktop. HP PhoneWise requires a compatible iOS or Android device to function.
The major USP of this device is the upgradeable PC base. The base allows for a tool-less access to swap an even more powerful base or change the display. Speaking of displays, the AiO offers three display options — a 23.8-inch FHD display in both touch and non-touch variants, a 27-inch non-touch 4K display and a 34-inch ultra-wide curved non-touch display. These displays are calibrated to offer an immersive visual experience.
The HP EliteOne 1000 AiO G1 will be available from September at prices starting from US$1,259. The exact configuration that is offered for this price is however, not yet known.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros
HP Launches New PC Experiences for Work, Life and Collaboration
Opens annual World Partner Forum highlighting new premium, collaboration and immersive solutions
- HP builds out premium commercial PC portfolio with world’s thinnest and lightest business convertible, most powerful ultraslim 14” business notebook, and first all-in-one purpose built for collaboration
- New portfolio of displays along with docks and wireless collaboration keyboard enable productivity on-the-go and at the desk when paired with the new EliteBook 1000 series
- Expanded collaboration solutions including Sprout Pro by HP, HP ShareBoard, HP Elite Presenter Mouse, and conferencing displays – enhance how people co-create and collaborate around the office
- Strategic relationship with Microsoft Corp. to enhance Skype for Business® conferencing experiences across the portfolio
Chicago, IL, September 12, 2017 — Today at HP Reinvent, HP Inc.’s largest global partner conference, the company outlined its vision to design solutions for the way people work and live, with the introduction of new premium commercial notebooks and all-in-one (AiO), along with innovative displays and accessories. As people change where and how they work, the new HP Elite 1000 Series and collaboration solutions are designed to enable greater productivity, inspiration, and exchange of ideas beyond the traditional four walls of the office.
The idea of how and where work happens is evolving rapidly, with 54 percent of work being done outside of the cube or office1 and home office hours are expected to increase by 150 percent in two years2 . This evolution is driven by an increasingly millennial workforce, with 88 percent of this group expecting work and life integration of their technology3 . This same group expects technology to improve their productivity and processes – yet certain areas like collaboration are not up to par, with 59 percent of millennials dissatisfied with current solutions.4 And with this increase in technology usage comes increased security concerns: endpoint attacks have more than doubled over the last six years5 . With these insights in mind, HP is focused on enabling the next generation of the workforce to be productive and collaborative – and secure – no matter where they are throughout the day.
“As traditional boundaries between work and life go away, HP is focused on designing customer experiences that allow users to seamlessly transition between the two,” said Alex Cho,vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP Inc. “With new collaboration solutions and the latest Elite 1000 series, devices are engineered to deliver breakthrough thin and light design, best-in-class performance, industry-leading security and manageability, and experiences for improved collaboration that adapts to the work style and lifestyle of each user.”
Recognizing that work increasingly takes place outside of the traditional office, the HP Elite 1000 Series is engineered for work and play with thin and light designs, phenomenal performance, includes the industry’s brightest displays, and is designed to pass MIL-STD testing6 for the harshest environments. The Elite 1000 Series is optimized for collaboration and connectivity with: built-in collaboration keys to easily manage calls at the touch of a button, Skype for Business certifications, Audio by Bang & Olufsen, HP Audio Boost, and HP Noise Cancellation for optimized audio and video calls. In addition, The Elite 1000 Series will come with HP PhoneWise, the world’s only Windows® solution to text and call from the PC across iOS and Android™ devices7 for easier transitions between devices. Part of HP’s most secure and manageable PCs8 , these devices feature HP Sure View – the industry’s only integrated privacy screen9 – along with HP Sure Start, HP Sure Click10, Windows Hello, and HP Multi-Factor Authenticate11 with Intel® Authenticate.
New products in the series include:
- The HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2, the world’s thinnest and lightest business convertible12, features five different modes and ink capabilities to maximize productivity, optional HP SureView, and the world’s brightest business notebook display13 with an ultra-bright 700-nit display to handle a variety of lighting conditions whether indoors or out.
- The HP EliteBook 1040 G4 is the world’s most powerful ultra-slim 14-inch business notebook14, can manage the most demanding tasks with up to Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processors with vPro™ technology, optional WWAN, and long battery life.
- The first premium HP EliteOne 1000 AiO is the world’s first AiO purpose-built for collaboration15, featuring a 2 MP dual-facing pop-up webcam for video conferencing. This AiO gives users the power of a desktop with up to 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 65W processors and optional Intel® Optane™ memory (cache). Three display options – including a 23.8-inch FHD, 27-inch 4k display, and a 34-inch diagonal curved display – offer a customizable immersive experience for video conferencing or watching a movie at home.
For employees who toggle between mobility and the need for a desktop-like experience, pairing the EliteBook 1000 series with the right displays and accessories is key to maximizing their productivity:
- Employees who have a multi-monitor set up will be delighted by the newest line of HP EliteDisplays, which now feature an elegant, three-sided micro-edge bezel design that offers virtually seamless multi-monitor image continuity.
- For customers on the go, HP offers two options for additional ports, charging and connectivity outside the office with the HP USB-C Mini Dock and the HP USB-C Notebook Power Bank.
- Easily manage Skype meetings with the new HP Wireless Collaboration Keyboard, the world’s first wireless keyboard for Skype for Business16.
Meetings continue to be a vital element of today’s workplace, with 65 percent of professionals collaborating multiple times per day17. Recognizing the importance of this workflow in an employee’s day, HP is expanding how it enables collaboration with:
- Sprout Pro by HP G2 makes virtual meetings immersive and visual and co-creating a simple task with dual touchscreens, a dedicated digital inking space to sketch and annotate, and a downward-facing camera to share or digitize real-world objects.
- The HP ShareBoard brings any whiteboard into the digital age by offering a real-time feed of dry-erase board activity to remote participants, along with a digital capture that can be easily shared following a meeting.
- The HP EliteDisplay E273m Conferencing Monitor is a Skype for Business certified display with a quick and easy connection to a laptop for on-the-fly collaborating with Audio by Bang & Olufsen, built-in microphone, and collaboration keys to control calls. The HP LD5512 4K Display is a 55-inch diagonal large format display for the growing set of huddle rooms and spaces in the modern office.
- The HP Elite Presenter Mouse is more than a traditional mouse that bridges the digital and physical during a conference with the ability to use a real-time virtual pointer to highlight onscreen content in the meeting space and on viewer’s screens.
Work is entering the experience age where there is more collaboration and creation among employees. Today’s announcement reflects a close partnership between HP and Microsoft in enhancing the collaboration experience across the broad portfolio of HP’s commercial products. This relationship will continue to deliver enhanced experiences with greater integration, manageability and security when using Skype for Business, as well as the planned development of future solutions.
“We are excited to see this new innovation from HP that builds upon the latest Microsoft technology,” said Nick Parker, corporate vice president, Microsoft. “With the new HP products announced today, businesses will be able to respond to the diverse needs of their globally distributed teams—helping them achieve more by better enabling collaboration anytime, anywhere.”
Pricing and Availability
- The HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2 is expected to be available in September for a starting price of $1,379
- The HP EliteBook 1040 G4 is expected to be available in September for a starting price of $1,379
- The HP EliteOne 1000 AiO G1 is expected to be available in September for a starting price of $1,259
- HP Elite Displays are available now for a starting price of $164
- The HP USB-C Mini Dock and HP USB-C Power Bank are expected to be available in September starting at $109 and $139, respectively
- The HP Wireless Collaboration Keyboard is available now for $89
- HP Collaboration Solutions are expected to be available starting in December
To view all of the news out of HP Reinvent: World Partner Forum, visit the HP newsroom.
- technalysis Research, Workplace of the Future: Progress, But Slowly, Feb 2017
- technalysis Research, Workplace of the Future: Progress, But Slowly, Feb 2017
- Jamie Gutfreund, What Millennials Want In The Workplace (And Why You Should Start Giving It To Them), Jan 2014
- Dimensional Research, “Collaboration Trends and Technology, A Survey of Knowledge Workers”, 2015, sponsored by Alfresco
- Verizon, 2016 Data Breach Investigations Report, 2016
- MIL STD: MIL-STD-810G testing is pending and is conducted on select HP products. Testing is not intended to demonstrate fitness of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions. Accidental damage requires an optional HP Accidental Damage Protection Care Pack
- As of September 2017
- Based on HP’s unique and comprehensive security capabilities at no additional cost and HP Manageability Integration Kit’s management of every aspect of a PC including hardware, BIOS and software management using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager as of November 2016 on HP Elite PCs with 7th Gen Intel® Core® Processors, Intel® integrated graphics, and Intel® WLAN
- Based on currently available, in-market PC's, as of August 1, 2016 having physically embedded, hardware-based privacy screen. Available on select HP EliteBooks only
- Option not available on the HP Elite 1000 AiO G1
- HP Multi Factor Authenticate requires 7th Generation Intel® Core™ processor, Intel® integrated graphics, and Intel® WLAN
- Based on competitors as of September 2017 of convertible, non-detachables having a Windows Pro OS and 6th or 7th generation U series Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors
- Based on non-rugged business class notebooks as of September 2017 having preinstalled encryption, authentication, malware protection and BIOS-level protection, passing MIL-STD 810G tests with optional docking incorporating power delivery700 nit panel is optional, requires HP Sure View and must be configured at purchase
- Based on HP’s internal testing of ultra slim 14” business class notebooks as of September 2017 having preinstalled encryption, authentication, malware protection and BIOS-level protection, passing MIL-STD 810G tests with optional docking incorporating power delivery
- Based on HP’s internal analysis as of September 2017 of AiOs having built-in conferencing controls, voice audio tuning, noise reduction software, > or = 80db (tbc) audio, 1080p webcam
- Based on wireless keyboards with dedicated Skype for Business® keys as of July 2017
- Dimensional Research, Collaboration Trends and Technology, A Survey of Knowledge Workers, August 2015