Surface Pro 3 hits 25 additional markets this month
Microsoft launched the Surface Pro 3 in the US and Canada back on June 20 and now they plan to expand the coverage of this new slate to 25 more markets. Until last week, only Intel Core i5 models have been available. Models powered by Intel Core i3 and Intel Core i7 processors have been added to the lineup on August 1 and worldwide availability will improve by the end of this month, as mentioned above.
The highlights of the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 include the following:
- Processors: low power Intel Haswell processors - i3-4020Y, i5-4300U and i7-4650U
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB or 8 GB DDR3 RAM; 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB or 512 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 12-inch ClearType HD touchscreen with 2,160X1,440 pixels and 216 ppi
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 5 MP rear
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 low energy, USB 3.0, mini DisplayPort
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
- Weight/Dimensions: 1.76 pounds; 11.5X7.93X0.36 inches
- Autonomy: up to 9 hours
The slate can be already pre-ordered in all the new markets which will receive the Surface Pro 3 starting on August 28. Their list includes Australia, China, France, Germany, New Zealand, Spain, the United Kingdom and more. Microsoft will also introduce the Surface Pro 3 Docking Station in the US on August 15 and in the other markets by the end of September. Prices will be announced locally in each market.