CES 2017 | Samsung introduces two Chromebooks with pen support
Samsung has just unveiled two new Chrome OS-driven portables, namely Samsung Chromebook Plus and Samsung Chromebook Pro. Both have the same design, weight, and dimensions, but use different processors. While the Plus has an ARM-based SoC inside, its sibling is powered by an Intel Core m3 processor.
These are the highlights of the two Chromebooks mentioned above:
- Processor: OP1 hexa-core (two Cortex-A72 and four Cortex-A53 cores) and Intel Core m3 6Y30
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB LPDDR3 RAM; 32 GB eMMC internal storage and microSD slot
- Display: 12.3-inch LED multitouch with 2,400X1,600 pixels
- Camera: 720p webcam
- Connectivity: WiFi 80211 ac (2X2), Bluetooth 4.0, 2XUSB Type-C
- Operating system: Chrome OS
- Weight/Dimensions: 2.38 pounds; 11.06X8.72X0.51 ~ 0.55 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 39 Wh; up to 8 hours
- Color: platinum silver
In addition to the above, both these two new Chromebooks come with a one-year subscription for the full version of AirDroid Premium. There are also two stereo speakers and a 3.5 mm audio jack, while the S-Pen stylus has a special slot for storage.
The Chromebook Plus XE513C24-K01US will hit the market next month via various major retailers, starting at $449 USD. The Intel-driven Chromebook Pro XE510C24-K01US is expected to become available this spring, but its price has not been unveiled yet.