Purported iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max early impressions: 48 MP camera apparently worse than iPhone 13 Pro in low light ↺
We are still some weeks away from Apple's iPhone 14 launch event, but leaks have been steady to come by. The iPhone 14 series is expected to bring in tangible upgrades over the iPhone 13 lineup, and now someone apparently has been able to see the iPhone 14 Pro models in the flesh.
This information comes via known Apple leaker @LeaksApplePro on Twitter, who cites a source as having had some hands-on time with the iPhone 14 Pro and the iPhone 14 Pro Max. Some of the observations are:
- The iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max feel like bricks
- The "weird" pill-shaped cutout just looks different and is "gone" once you get used to it
- The new 48 MP camera is the "best in a smartphone" under sufficient light, but early units apparently worse than the iPhone 13 Pro in low light
- Camera system looks massive on the Pro models
- Seemingly improved battery life in the iPhone 14 Pro
- Better speakers with improved bass and clarity
- Display quality is similar to that of the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max
Overall, the iPhone 14 Pro models seem to offer a decent upgrade over the current iPhone 13 Pros. Apple will most likely optimize low-light capabilities by launch and may even have a few surprises saved for the launch keynote.
That being said, the above information is still unconfirmed so it's best to take it with a pinch of the proverbial salt till official reveal.
A source has had hands-on time with iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max.— LeaksApplePro (@LeaksApplePro) August 14, 2022
-The new pill+hole doesn’t add anything new. It looks different, but it pretty much works like the notch. Once you get used to it it’s “gone”.
-It’s thick. The Pro Max feels like a brick (as usual).