Oppo unveils F3 Selfie Expert smartphone with dual front-facing cameras
The Oppo F3 Plus has only been in the market for about two months and the Chinese manufacturer is already prepared to launch a smaller version. Called the F3 Selfie Expert, the smartphone will sport not just a smaller display, but different features as well. Core specifications include:
- 5.5-inch FHD display with Gorilla Glass 5
- 1.5 GHz MediaTek MT6750T SoC
- 4 GB RAM
- 64 GB internal storage + MicroSD support
- Dual nano-SIM slots
- 13 MP F/2.2 rear + dual 16 MP and 8 MP F/2.0 front cameras
- Micro-USB port
- Dual-band 802.11n WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0
- LTE support (bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 41)
- Front-facing fingerprint sensor
- 3200 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 w/ Color OS 3.0 UI
Of course, the main attractions of the F3 Selfie Expert are its two front cameras. The 16 MP lens will offer a wide 120-degree snapshot radius for easier group selfies while the smaller 8 MP lens will offer a tighter 76.4-degree radius for general pictures. Selfie panoramas and other post-processing features are also included. Users in Europe should be able to take advantage of LTE speeds since the smartphone supports a wider range of LTE bands than most Chinese smartphones.
It's disappointing that the new device is sticking with Micro-USB instead of moving up to the increasingly common Type-C port. Android 7 Nougat, which has been available since last year, is also missing with no promises of any future upgrades. Lastly, WLAN is limited to 802.11n instead of 802.11ac.
Oppo will launch the F3 Selfie Expert on May 13th in India for 20000 Rupees or the equivalent of 284 Euros.