MediaTek announces launch of its new low-end MT6739 SoC
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
MediaTek's recent struggles are well documented, with the company losing its hold on the budget market to competitors Qualcomm. After the release of the Helio P23 and Helio P30, the company has, at an event in India yesterday, announced the launch of its new entry-level offering, the MT6739.
The MT6739 succeeds MT6738 and MT6738T as the company's next entry in its line of quad-core budget processors, albeit with the company considering it an update to 2015's MT6735. MediaTek must be hoping this one has an impact on the market, as its predecessors were flops for the most part. The last successful SoC in this line was the MT6737T that powered numerous budget devices, including offerings from OEMs like Samsung and Huawei.
Here's a rundown of what to expect from the MT6739, as per the details on MediaTek's official press release:
- Four ARM Cortex-A53 cores with clockspeeds of up to 1.5GHz
- Up to 3 GB of LPDDR3 RAM (667MHz)
- eMMC 5.1 storage
- 13MP camera, with dual support
- 1080p video decoding @ 30FPS, H.264/HEVC
- 1080p video encoding @ 30FPS, H.264
- IMG PowerVR GE8100 GPU clocked at 570MHz
- 1440 x 720 (18:9)
- 4G LTE Cat. 4 DL / Cat. 5 UL (FDD/TDD), CDMA2000, L+G, L+W/L+L DSDS, eMBMS, HPUE, 600MHz band supported
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, FM, GPS+Glonass / GPS+Beidou
This is the very definition of an entry-level SoC, and it'll be interesting to see what devices it powers in the future.