MediaTek intros Helio P23 and P30 mid-range processors
Yesterday, MediaTek unveiled two new Helio processors. Dubbed Helio P23 and Helio P30, they refresh the family of chips that helped MediaTek gain a solid market share in the low and middle sectors of the mobile market. Both processors use the Cortex-A53 cores employed by the Helio P20 and Helio P25, but they come with enough improvements to bring them closer to the top-of-the-line Helio X series.
These are the highlights of the MediaTek Helio P23 and Helio P30:
- CPU - 4 x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 2.3 GHz, 4 x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 1.65 GHz
- GPU - ARM Mali-G71MP2 @ 770 MHz on Helio P23, same GPU @ 950 MHz for the P30
- Memory - 2 x 16-bit @ 1.6 GHz LPDDR4X for both, 1 X 32-bit @ 933 MHz LPDDR3 (Helio P23 only)
- Display - up to 2,160 x 1,080 pixels
- Video processing - 2160p30 H.264 & HEVC decoding on both; 2160p30 H.264 encoding on both, 2160p30 H.264 & HEVC on P30 only
- Camera support - 24 MP single and 13 MP + 13 MP dual for P23; 25 MP single and 16 MP + 16 MP dual for P30, with Vision Processing Unit (Tensilica DSP) for image processing
- Modem - 4G LTE Cat 7/13 300/150 Mbps, dual SIM, dual standby, dual VoLTE
Both chips are manufactured by TSMC using the 16nm FinFET technology. The official product pages are not available yet, but MediaTek confirmed that the Helio P23 and P30 are scheduled to roll out by the end of the year. The first one will be globally available at launch, but the P30 is set to launch only in China.