MSI unveils GS40 6QE Phantom Pro notebook
MSI has just announced the 14-inch GS40 Phantom Pro gaming notebook. This model is expected to compete directly against the Razer Blade 14 and Aorus X3 in the ultrathin and ultra-powerful segment. Expect availability to come early November for around 1800 Euros.
At just 1.6 kg with a thickness of 23 mm, the compact and portable GS40 will carry Skylake processor options and be quite potent in games with its GTX 970M GPU. It is currently unknown if MSI will ever release a UHD model, however, as the existing Razer and Aorus notebooks carry resolution options above 1080p.
Beyond the CPU and GPU, the MSI notebook will also carry a single PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 NVME SSD and a secondary 2.5-inch hard drive for storage. 16 GB of DDR4 memory will be available with USB 3.1 Type-C, mDP, SteelSeries keyboard, Dynaudio speakers, and software optimized for reducing wireless packet loss. These hardware features should sound instantly familiar to those following MSI's recent announcements.
As usual, expect our full review on the notebook later this year once it becomes available.
Manufacturer specifications for GS40-6QE16H11 Phantom Pro:
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
- Display: 14.0-inch FHD True Color Technology
- Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ
- RAM: 16 GB DDR4-2133
- Graphicss: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M w/ 3 GB GDDR5 VRAM
- Storage: 128 GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD + 1 TB 2.5-inch HDD 7200 rpm
- Cooling: Cooler Boost 3, Dual fans
- Connectivity: USB 3.1 Type-C, DisplayPort, 2x USB 3.0 Type-A, HDMI, Mini DisplayPort (up to 4K @ 60 Hz), 3.5 mm headphones, 7.1 SPDIF output, Microphone-in
- Audio: Sabre Hi-Fi DAC output, Gold-plated audio ports
- Communication: Killer DoubleShot Pro, Gaming NICs for Gigabit-LAN and WLAN 802.11ac, Killer Shield for optimized networking, Bluetooth 4.1
- Other: SDXC reader, red backlit SteelSeries keyboard, Dynaudio Stereo speakers, 1-Year premium license for XSplit Gamecaster 2.5
- Power: 4-cell battery, 150 Watt power adapter
- Dimensions and weight: Aluminium chassis, 345 x 245 x 23 mm, 1.6 kg
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros