LG adds the ability to hide the navigation bar among other changes in a sizeable new V50 ThinQ update
LG brought a desktop mode to the V50 ThinQ in January, and now it has introduced a raft of new features to the device. The V50 ThinQ is now almost eighteen months old having been announced in February 2019, although it could also be considered a few months younger considering that it only became available to purchase in April of the same year. Nonetheless, the device features a Snapdragon 855 SoC and 6 GB of RAM, which powers a 6.4-inch display. Strictly speaking, the chipset and RAM power can two screens if you pair the V50 ThinQ with its Dual Screen accessory.
The new update has only gone live in South Korea to date, but there is no reason why it will not eventually reach handsets in other markets too. Please keep in mind that there is no way to rollback this software update though, which LG stresses on its announcements page.
Some of the highlights of the update include the ability to hide the navigation bar and improvements to gesture navigation. Oddly, LG has also added Android Beam, a feature that has been deprecated for over a year now. You can view the full changelog below.
LG Korea via Piunikaweb. Android Authority - Image credit
- Button navigation bar hidden has been added.
- The gesture navigation bar design has been improved.
- Message view has been added to the call history settings.
- Featured app settings have been added to the recent usage history screen.
- Improved screen rotation buttons and keyboards to avoid overlapping.
- Improved to prevent the input window from being obscured when using the keyboard on the horizontal screen.
- The size of the notification window has been greatly improved on the horizontal screen.
- Volume feature has been added to the notification window.
- A confirmation pop-up has been added when registering the block ing code on the end-of-call screen.
- Point color setting has been added.
- Improved the volume control bar design provided on the screen when the volume button is pressed.
- Call pop-up size has been improved to be smaller.
- Android Beam feature has been added.
- The screen brightness during calls has been improved by 16% brighter compared to the previous one.
- Added chat+ message scheduling transfer. (LG U+, KT, SKT)
- Google Security update enhances phone security.