MWC 2015 | LG Watch Urbane LTE coming next week
LG announced the stainless steel Watch Urbane luxury Android Wear-powered smartwatch about two weeks ago, but did not reveal anything about its connectivity capabilities. Earlier today, the South Korean company issued a new press release that announces the LTE-capable Watch Urbane smartwatch that also runs a new OS made by LG. According to it, this wearable will be "the world’s first LTE-enabled smartwatch" and will show up next week at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
LG Watch Urbane LTE will launch packing the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Memory/Storage: 512 MB LPDDR2 RAM; 4 GB eMMC internal storage
- Display: 1.3-inch P-OLED with 320X320 pixels and 245 ppi
- Connectivity: LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, GPS
- Sensors: heart rate, gyro, accelerometer, compass, barometer
- Operating system: LG Wearable Platform
- Battery: 700 mAh
- Color: Silver
Same as its sibling without LTE connectivity, the Watch Urbane LTE is IP67 certified for protection from dust and water. On the other hand, it features a more generous battery (the one of the non-LTE version has only 400 mAh) and comes loaded with the webOS-based LG Wearable Platform.
There is no info on availability and pricing for now, but we will surely hear more about the LG Watch Urbane next week, so stay tuned.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros