MWC 2015 | LG Watch Urbane LTE coming next week
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
LG announced the stainless steel Watch Urbane luxury Android Wear-powered smartwatch about two weeks ago, but did not reveal anything about its connectivity capabilities. Earlier today, the South Korean company issued a new press release that announces the LTE-capable Watch Urbane smartwatch that also runs a new OS made by LG. According to it, this wearable will be "the world’s first LTE-enabled smartwatch" and will show up next week at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
LG Watch Urbane LTE will launch packing the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Memory/Storage: 512 MB LPDDR2 RAM; 4 GB eMMC internal storage
- Display: 1.3-inch P-OLED with 320X320 pixels and 245 ppi
- Connectivity: LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, GPS
- Sensors: heart rate, gyro, accelerometer, compass, barometer
- Operating system: LG Wearable Platform
- Battery: 700 mAh
- Color: Silver
Same as its sibling without LTE connectivity, the Watch Urbane LTE is IP67 certified for protection from dust and water. On the other hand, it features a more generous battery (the one of the non-LTE version has only 400 mAh) and comes loaded with the webOS-based LG Wearable Platform.
There is no info on availability and pricing for now, but we will surely hear more about the LG Watch Urbane next week, so stay tuned.