Huawei P10 and P10 Plus get Oreo beta update
The Huawei P10 and its improved, larger version known as the P10 Plus have been around for a few entire months already, and both arrived on the market loaded with a Nougat-based firmware with EMUI 5.1 on top. Now, the time for the Android 8.0 update is drawing near, and the upcoming beta software update is already available via OTA.
Thanks to a UK-based XDA Developers reader, we were able to take a look at the official list with the changes that have been included in the Android Oreo beta update for the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus. According to it, the 2.61 GB software update file features the Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 user inteface and comes with the following highlights:
- new floating Navigation dock
- multiple AI-based optimizations for increased stability and performance
- PrivateSpace for setting an entirely private account
- 30-day Recycle Bin for the Gallery app
- a redesigned Settings menu
- simplified Phone Manager app
- simultaneous connection to two different Bluetooth devices
Although the update itself does not remove personal data, if you need to roll back to EMUI 5.1 then that will erase it. To be safe instead of sorry, the best choice would be to backup everything before installing the Android Oreo beta firmware.
If you happen to be one of those already running this pre-release firmware on these Huawei flagships, feel free to drop a comment below and share your impressions with the rest of us.