HP refreshes ZBook series with 14u and 15u models
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Together with the updated EliteBook 800 models, HP also announced the refreshed ZBook 14u and 15u models that represent the mid-range sector of HP's workstation roster. The chassis of these two models has been completely redesigned and are now thinner and lighter, but still retain a sturdy feel thanks to the MIL-810 STD certification. Thus the 14u is now 0.7-inch thick and its weight was reduced to 3.27 lbs, while the 15u is now 0.73-inch thick and weighs 3.89 lbs.
As far as the processing power is concerned, the two models received an upgrade to Intel’s gen 8 quad-core models up to i7-8650U and an AMD Radeon Pro WX3100 GPU with 2 GB GDDR5. Apart from the FHD displays, HP also includes optional 14-inch and 15-inch 4K touchscreen panels featuring anti-glare treatment, so users can take advantage of the power offered by the professional GPU.
Other features include:
• up to 2 TB of PCIe NVMe storage + up to 512 GB of M.2 SATA storage
• up to 32 GB DDR4-2400 RAM
• SD and smart card readers
• WiFi + GbE + Bluetooth 4.2
• Bang & Olufsen stereo speakers + dual array digital mic
• spill-resistant backlit keyboard + touchpad + pointstick
• 720p webcam with IR
• Connectors: USB 3.0 for fast charging, audio jack, 1 x USB 3.0, 1x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C (Thunderbolt 3), DisplayPort 1.3
• 65 Wh battery
HP will release these new models some time in February, with prices starting at around US$1,100.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros