Google Stadia will be missing quite a few features at launch
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Even though the Stadia console is scheduled to be released on November 19, Google already informed that not all of its customers who pre-ordered the Founders’ Edition bundle will receive it by launch time. Furthermore, Stadia product director Andrey Doronichev and publisher experience supervisor Beri Lee recently revealed that a series of multiplayer features will not be included with the launching bundles, and will most likely be added throughout 2020.
Here is the list with the multiplayer features that will not make it with the launch consoles:
the achievement system
- State Share - users can share in-game experiences via direct links
- Crowd Play - set up multiplayer games with a YouTube srteamer’s audience
- Stream Connect - split-screen multiplayer
- Buddy Pass
- Stadia controllers separate from bundles
- Chromecast Ultra - the device that enables streaming on the Founders’ and Premier editions will only work with a firmware update releasing at an unknown time
- PC functionality via the Chrome browser will not include 4K, HDR and 5.1 surround sound, only the Chromecast Ultra units in the Founders’ Edition support these features
- the wireless Stadia controller will still require wired connection to anything other than the Chromecast Ultra unit until it receives a firmware update
With so many features missing at launch, the Stadia console would feel like a hardware unit unable to run much of anything because of the lack of software support, and, apparently, Google is basically rushing the product like so many game developers that launch half-backed games and try to patch things after release. Because being first to market is clearly worth more than customer satisfaction.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros