Garmin releases Beta version 9.15 update for Instinct 2 series smartwatches with bug fixes and new features ahead of public release
Garmin introduced a new update for Instinct 2 series on its Beta Program, barely leaving any time for the dust to settle following the release of Beta version 9.13. To recap, Beta version 9.13 rolled numerous Alpha software changes into one update. Specifically, the update contained a 40-strong changelog from Beta version 8.64 that arrived a few months ago.
For some reason, Garmin has decided to issue another Beta update, rather than testing more features in Alpha. In a blog post, Garmin explains that Beta version 9.15 is a Release Candidate, meaning that it should also be the next public update if it contains no 'critical issues'. Garmin adds that all Beta version 9.15 updates are identical. In other words, there will be no differences in the functionality offered in this beta build compared to the public update that Garmin will eventually distribute.
Additionally, Garmin will distribute this update through GCM, which checks for new updates daily. Please note that it could take a few hours for the update to finish transferring to your Instinct 2 or Instinct 2S before you can install it. The full Beta version 9.15 changelog is as follows. Garmin stresses that this changelog applies when updating either smartwatch from Beta version 9.13 to Beta version 9.15. You can view the changelog from Beta version 8.64 to Beta version 9.15 on Garmin's blog post.
- Added a prompt to end sleep before entering the app list if the device thinks the user is still asleep.
- Added the run power data fields to indoor running sports.
- Improved inconsistencies in sleep tracking state between widgets.
- Fixed an issue where the recovery time value would not correctly convert from hours to days when recovery time is greater than 72 hours.
- Fixed an issue where HRV status would not sync over Bluetooth to Garmin Connect.
- Fixed a formatting issue on the HRV status page if there is not enough HRV data.
- Fixed an issue where the list page within the training status widget would lag when scrolling.
- Fixed an issue causing the device to crash during a yoga workout.
- Fixed a potential crash when receiving a smart notification.