Fujitsu announces thin and light Lifebook U9311/X business laptops with Intel Tiger Lake-U CPUs
Fujitsu is updating its Lifebook lineup with two of the lightest 13.3-inch models on the market, which can be equipped with Intel's Tiger Lake-U CPUs. The new Lifebook U9311X and U9311 models are designed for business users that need to work from home due to the pandemic.
As the name suggests, the U9311X is the more advanced model that features a 360-degree touchscreen + pen, so it is a bit heavier at 2.23 lbs (1 Kg). Both have similar profiles of about 0.60 inches, but the U9311 model weighs only 1.95 lbs (884 g) as it does not feature a touchscreen. Processor options for both models include the i5-1135G7 / i5-1145G7 / i7-1185G7 with integrated Iris Xe GPUs, and the U9311X supports Intel’s vPro technology.
Most of the other specs are the same on both models and include:
- FHD IPS display with up to 400 cd/m² peak brightness
- 8 / 16 / 32 GB of LPDDR4x-4267 RAM
- Up to 2 TB of NVMe SSD storage with SED technology, or 32 GB Intel Optane memory + 512 GB NVMe storage
- Realtek ALC255 audio codec + Dirac audio processing + 2x digital array mics
- Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth
- Port selection: 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1, 2x Thunderbolt 4, HDMI video output, GbE jack, mic/headphone jacks
Additional specs for the U9311X model include a 5 MP cover camera and a FHD webcam above the display, 2 more USB-C connectors, one more GbE jack, a SmartCard slot and a SIM card slot, while the U9311 model gets an optional HD webcam, and SD card reader and LTE+5G modems.
No availability or pricing info for the time being, but these models might only be sold in Japan.