Fitbit Flyer wireless headphones coming in October
Fitbit's first smartwatch was unveiled earlier this week and, alongside it, the company's first Bluetooth headphones arrived as well. Dubbed Fitbit Flyer, this accessory is advertised as "the ultimate wireless headphones for fitness that combine powerful audio with a durable, sweatproof design and customizable fit to keep you motivated through even the toughest workouts."
These are the highlights of the Fitbit Flyer wireless headphones:
- hydrophobic nano-coating protection against rain, sweat, and splashes
- interchangeable ear tips, wings and fins
- dual microphone
- 3-button control box
- Waves MaxxAudio technology
- passive noise isolation
- two sound settings (Signature and Power Boost)
- Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity to one or two devices at once
- up to six hours autonomy
- 15-minute quick charge for one hour of playtime
- fully compatible with Fitbit Ionic
Those interested in the Fitbit Flyer wireless headphones can place their orders on Fitbit.com and via select online retailers. The two colors available are lunar gray and nightfall blue, both having the same price tag of US$129.95. Worldwide retail availability will follow in October, when this accessory will also hit major US retailers such as Amazon, Brookstone, Target, Best Buy, and Nordstrom.