Fitbit Ionic now official
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
After quite a few leaks and rumors, Fitbit's first smartwatch is finally official. Announced earlier today and dubbed Fitbit Iconic, this smart wearable is advertised as "the ultimate health and fitness smartwatch."
Loaded with Fitbit OS, Fitbit's first smartwatch packs the following highlights:
- Fitbit Coach for dynamic on-device workouts that adapt to the user's feedback
- Swim exercise mode, thanks to the device's water resistance up to 50 meters
- internal storage for music and apps
- Bluetooth and NFC connectivity
- smart notifications
- improved PurePulse heart rate tracking
- relative SpO2 sensor that could offer sleep apnea and atrial fibrillation tracking in the future
- 4-day autonomy in regular use, with 10 hours battery life when GPS or music playback are constantly on
- Fitbit App Gallery for new watch faces and various apps (Starbucks Coffee Company, Strava, and AccuWeather are the three third-party partners for now)
In addition to the regular Fitbit Iconic that is scheduled to hit the market in three color combinations by the end of October, a special edition made in collaboration with Adidas is also in the cards. Unfortunately, that one is expected to hit the market next year.
The price tag of the Fitbit Iconic reads US$299.95. Those interested will be able to purchase it via Best Buy, Amazon, Target, and other retailers.